Far Far Away

life is cool?

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Korea

I don't have any idea about who I am. :)

2010-05-22

Twitter

Did you sign up for Twitter? I don't have an iphone but I was just curious about Twitter so I have an account.
To say somthing in less than 140 words is not difficult because sometimes I am reluctant to write something long or I don't have anything interesting to write on.
However, I am not that into Twitter. First I am not an iphone user. That will be the major reason. And second, I feel like I am yelling something meaningless in the air. What I say dosen't stay but flies away in Twitter. While blogging is more like writing than speaking, twitter is the opposite.
Without followers' instant comments or replies, the voice of the message gets weaker, meaningless, and swllow. It turns to be a notice of one's status. When I read the tweets from the people I am following, I find that some of them post messages not for two-way communication but for one-way communication.

3 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Brahneborg said...

I'm using twitter since a while back, and think it's a great way of finding new friends, and learning new things. The web interface is useless, but there are plenty of standalone clients for both phones and laptops/desktops that make it more interactive.

I'm @basic70, if you want to say hi.

/Daniel, your korean language student a long time ago :)

1:41 a.m.  
Blogger flowerful said...

Hi! I would find it more interesting to use Twitter if I used Iphone.
Did I teach you Korean? When was it? Anyway it's great to say hello again.
I keep Twitter in Korean, so if you are still learning Korean, it will help you learn Korean. :)

12:20 p.m.  
Blogger Daniel Brahneborg said...

Yes, some sort of phone definately makes it better.

I studied korean at home for a little while maybe 3-4 years ago, and you helped me with some spellings and whatnot. I don't remember any of it now, though. Gotta take a real course some day, I guess. :) It's a nice language, and a beautiful alphabet.

3:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home