Far Far Away

life is cool?

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Korea

I don't have any idea about who I am. :)

2009-07-01

Upcoming Summer Vacation

Actually my vacation starts in two weeks. And it is a 4 week vacation. I will have a plenty of free time. Last week, I went to Phuket, where I could enjoy beaches, foods, massages, and clubbing. I am thinking of going somewhere too. I want to be relaxed and enjoy good food.

Working as a teacher ends at the end of August because my contract will be expired. I am not extending my contract. For now, I am not sure what to do next. Actullay I have two options:

1. going back to the publishing company where I had been for 3 years.
Working there is fun. Work itself is challengeable and I can be paid more. I think I have potential to be a capable editor. But working conditions are not good. I will not have long vacation anymore. At most, I can one week vacation all through the year. I will have to overwork, especially when it is the time for deadline. And I cannot be teaching anymore.

2. studying for an exam to be a regular teacher
I have been working as a substitute teacher for 2 and half years. I work by contract, not engaged as a regular goverment offical. In order to be a regular, I have to pass an exam, which is very hard to pass. For example, there are 150 applicants but only 1o of them can cut the line. The exam takes place only once a year. I tried two times. I failed at the end, interview at the both times. Teachers in Korea are not paid much but they are guarenteed to work until 60 years old and are given two long vacations and training sessions to have their teaching skills improve. I have a nightmare where I fail the exam again this year and I don't want to study now. I am sick of preparing for the exam.

Life....sucks

3 Comments:

Anonymous Learn Korean said...

Hi, great blog. Kim from http://www.koreanclass101.com sent you an email. Let me know when you get a chance to read. Thanks!

12:40 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi babe,

Lemoncloud here. Have not come to your blog for a very long time. I sincerely hope you roughly know which option to take.
All the best to you!!

PS: I dislike interviews :P

LC

6:17 p.m.  
Blogger flowerful said...

Hey, LC! How are you doing?
Happy to hear from you.
I am doing fine. Nothing serious happens, which means boring too. :)

6:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home