Far Far Away

life is cool?

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Korea

I don't have any idea about who I am. :)

2005-09-09

Wine made me more fluent

haha it was true.
I do language exchange once a week. I help my exchange partner with Korean and he helps me with English.
I have taught Korean to my friend from the States, I like to teach, and I always want to practice my English so I started to do it.
Today (oh...yesterday) was the day we were supposed to meet and study. However the 회식 [hoi-sick] (which means having dinner and drinking with my co-workers for our unity or just for fun) was planned suddenly. So I wanted to change the study schedule but I thought It would be not good to postpond and I could make it at night around 9 pm.
From 7 pm to 8:50 pm, I had several shots of soju(Korean wine) and went to meet my exchange friend.

"How are you? Sorry. I had some soju because my company had dinner together. Don't worry. I am not drunken, blah, blah, blah..."

I know I must have had a bad smell of achohol but I could not help it, haha.
Anyway my cool friend understood my situation and we started to talk and study.
Oh, dear. I could feel my speaking was better than ever. Maybe wine made me more fluent in speaking.

The affective fliter and degree of fear about a new language plays a great role when you study a second language. So sometimes wine gives a good impact on speaking a second language. I heard about it before but I was my first experience.

Why don't you try it?

4 Comments:

Blogger San Nakji said...

Alcohol always helps my Korean!

9:54 a.m.  
Blogger kushibo said...

Alcohol peels away our veneer of self-consciousness.

That's why the salarymen and salarywomen in the rigid hierarchies of Korea and Japan must go out and get shit-faced sometimes.

But too much will peel away the veneer of good health.

7:40 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! At least alcohol does have a good purpose! :-))

Hey flowerful, would you teach me Korean too? I can also assist you in English if you like. :-)

How do you write "soju" in Korean characters?

8:22 p.m.  
Blogger Richardus said...

I don't think alcohol makes you more fluent, it's just you don't notice what are you saying, or how are you saying it (or at least you don't care ^_^) I know it very well ^0^

soju → 소주 [燒酒]

4:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home