Far Far Away

life is cool?

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Korea

I don't have any idea about who I am. :)

2005-09-07

In my mom's boots

My mom and dad met 27 years ago and they got married 6 months later. It was a marriage arranged by a go-between. Though they met by matchmaking, they dated for six months and made good memories based on love.

They said that when my mom and dad started dating, dad made an effort to marry my mom. Whenever they met, my dad called a taxi and honor her like a princess. Also dad gave presents to her. One of his presents is western styled leather boots. At that time, it was 70,000 won (which is about 60 dollars.) It was a large amount of money that values as much as 700,000 won at present. My mom got the presents but it seemed she did not weat the boots very often. I assume there were some reasons. Here are my guess. First, she considered them too precious to wear. She saved them. Second, since she got pregnant as soon as they married, there were not many chances to wear boots. Therefore the boots look new up to present. Though my dad does not buy her such a expensive gift anymore, they are happy talking about the boots at table. Anyway the boots have such a story.

The fashion moves in a circle so the western boots are one of favorite items nowadays. I took the boots and their love story about the boots out of the a shoe chest.

I caught a cold and I have a fever now. I miss my parents.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi flowerful! nice reading your blog. :) i'm from the philippines, by the way. :)

5:59 p.m.  
Blogger flowerful said...

hi, perryv. nice reading your comment too. :)

8:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it is such a sweet gesture from your dad.

9:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home