Far Far Away

life is cool?

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Korea

I don't have any idea about who I am. :)

2005-09-02

Language ego, blog ego

It might be interesting to you that no one who are offline friends as well as family knows the existence of this blog. I started blogging at blogger.com by myself and there are nobody who knows this Far Far Away. Therefore I can write what I feel without any inhibition, which I enjoy.
Though I have another blog where my all Korean friends know and visit and two blog share many parts of content, it is somewhat different to post here from there.

Futhermore I write this blog in my foreign language, English. I have not been abroad to study English and I know my Enlgish is poor. However there is something special and new when it comes to write in another language. Sometimes it is hard to determine which expression is more appropriate to use in order to convey the meaning. However I do not use dictionary well and I write them as I want! Haha...

Do you know the term, language ego? (language ego: Learning a new language involves developing a new mode of thinking - a new language "ego.") I guess I have two blog egos as well as two language egos.

Anyway...TGIF! Have a good day!

8 Comments:

Blogger minty clorets said...

Keeping secrets from your loved ones..
what a naughty girl!
i'm curious to know what you write about in your "secret" korean blog ;d
btw you speak far better english than I do! language was never my thang~~ that's why i stick to doodling ;b

12:03 p.m.  
Blogger San Nakji said...

영어 잘 하시는데...

2:20 p.m.  
Blogger kushibo said...

Aha! The usual suspects are here, thanks to The Korean Bloglist.

Anyway, "language ego" sounds like a cool term. I know my thinking is very different in Korean and English. I barely make sense in either.

11:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah! it's true co'z i can't post anything i want on my blog too... anyways, i think your english is good and if only i don't know that you are a korean i wouldn't know co'z you sound good. sometimes using the foreign language is difficult co'z u really can't express ur feelings unlike using your own native language that you can talk or say anything freely and spontaneously...

10:05 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi flowerful!

i salute you because you are pretty fluent in english. keep up the good work and keep on practicing and writing english. :-)

it's only natural for us to speak/write flawed english because it's only our second language; we're not born english speakers, anyway. we naturally think in our local language, and we translate our thoughts to english. but through practice and usage we eventually come to a point (the so-called "clicking point") where we don't have to think in our local language anymore just to express ourselves in english; we just simply think *directly* in english -- no intermediary translations required.

learning foreign languages is fun. keep it up. expand your knowledge.

i'm from the philippines, anyway. :-)

7:11 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very curious about what u get the term,"language ego."
Is that from TESOL?

11:41 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the movie "far and Away" the plot was that the charactors dared to leave Ireland and travel to America.You are a explorer and are willing to take risk.

Harrych01@yahoo.com
LasVegas Nevada
United States Of America

11:09 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know language ego, is that a linguistic term. By the way, are you a korean, korean characters are so cute!

12:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home