Far Far Away

life is cool?

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Korea

I don't have any idea about who I am. :)

2005-09-17

Chusok and Communication problem

From today Chusok holidays start!
Chusok is Korean holiday that are much similar to Thanksgiving in States.
My family is going to prepare food for the holiday and it is such a big labor that I have to help my parents.
Anyway..I am happy to stay homeand be with my family for three days .
I was very depressed as one of my coworker was fired today. I know she has have a lot of problems related to the work and personality. Howevey I am sorry that she met a huge disaster. (Her father is in a hospital because of cancer.) What I really concern is that she will be pressed by the same problem that she has had in my company wherever she would go.
The problem is due to the difficulty of communcation. She tends no to listen to others and hide her work from others. She hates to be blamed very much so it makes this problem worse. Anyone did not want to work with her as a partner. Either did I. She is older than I by 10 years and she has more carrer experience thatm I do but...I think communication is the most important at work place.

Anyway...it's hard to say about her and I am very sorry.

4 Comments:

Blogger San Nakji said...

Don't feel too sorry for her. It sounds like she just made working life too hard for those around her. I hate those kinds of people.

8:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Chuseok to you and your family. This year I had to stay home while my wife and daughter went to Seoul because I had surgery on my knee last Thursday. I hated to miss it because the holidays are the only time I can see my entire family together, but they all understand why I couldn't make it this time.
I guess my uncles had to drink soju without me this time :)

10:39 a.m.  
Blogger flowerful said...

san nakji: Yeah..I hate those kind of people too. But I cannot help being sorry about her.

Nomad: How is your knee? My father has a small family so on holidays like Chusok and New Year's Day only my family (my parents and thier children) and my grandma get together. You drink soju well? Wow you should get well soon to drink it with your uncle. :)

9:37 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi flowerful. :-)

I also feel sorry for your colleague, even if she had that negative attitude towards other people in your workplace.

Hmmm...may I ask? What do you celebrate in Chusok? For how many days do you celebrate? I heard that it's a happy feast.

8:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home