Far Far Away

life is cool?

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Korea

I don't have any idea about who I am. :)

2006-01-17

Woman movie lost.

I like watching movies. These days many good Korean movies are coming out. I am happy to have wider movie choices.
I cannot remember exactly when Korean movies got more popular than American movies in Korea. 1999? or 1998? Early Korean box-office movies were manly movies such as Chingu or romantic comedy like My Sassy Girl(is this title correct in English?). I also enjoyed the movies but it was pity that there was no woman movies. (I like many kinds of movies. Among all, I prefer the movies in which a woman get changed or empowered such as Reality Bites, Joyluck Club, Murielle’s Wedding, and so on.) I am not a feminist but a humanist. haha...
However as I am a woman, I wanted to see the movies that reflected my inner feelings. Some girl movies came out but it was not popular and a one-top actress did not appear. In movies, women tended to be so weak and troublesome that they interfere men's heroic life. Or there was movies in which a married woman are cheating, which was a trial to figure out woman psychology but it was not enough.
Finally "Chong-yoen" was released in December 2005. It was the best Korean woman movie ever. It was about first woman pilot in Korea and her life. I thought it portrayed woman's mentality very well and movie technology itself was great. However it did attract less viewers than the production had expected. On the other side, another movie, "King's Man" is very popular now. It is about a clown's life who manipulated King Yeon-san. The clown is a woman like man. He was loved by the king mentally and physically. I guess I can say it is homosexuality. The movie was interesting too. The plot was not that shocking but unique.I did not mean homosexuality movie is bad and woman movie should be preferred. What I want to say it's happy to see good woman movie and it's interesting to see a great woman movie defeated by new type relation movie in Korea. Koreans' sexually cultural barrier seems to be lowered.

4 Comments:

Blogger San Nakji said...

1999 I think...

I will look for this movie. I think it will get here one day...

2:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Just visited your awesome blog, read some of your post. The recent one (about movies) has pushed me to drop some lines and share some of my insights on this amazing korean soap opera presently conquering the hearts of many filipinos.Many people said that after creating a sensation in Chinese-speaking countries, the hit Korean TV drama "dae jang geum" or "(Jewel in the Palace)” is currently touching the hearts of many Filipino's. One of the grandest and most majestic series that Korea ever produced is now sweeping the country off its feet and presently taking the Philippines by storm. Thanks to this drama, and I really like the role of Lady Han (Yang Mikyung)! I got hooked actually! Personally, I fall in love to this drama.I will be forever grateful to this soap opera. This is marvelous and interesting because it is all about the culture, politics and foods of Korea. Quite informative indeed!

4:32 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at last!!! i am able to put a comment on ur blog... i think what u've wrote is true... women before are not given equal opportunity before but now i can see that women are striving to prove that they can do whatever men can do. WOMEN POWER!!! takecare...

6:01 p.m.  
Blogger flowerful said...

Take care! ^^

9:36 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home