Far Far Away

life is cool?

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Korea

I don't have any idea about who I am. :)

2006-09-18

DMB Phone

I got an mail as follows.

--------------------------------------------------------
Dear Flowerful,

I read your blog and I have a (maybe) strange question: I work for a newspaper in The Netherlands
and I'm writing an article on DMB. For this paper, I'd like to interview a Korean guy or girl who has a DMB-receiver or a mobile phone that can receive DMB. I have questions like: why did you buy one? When do you watch television on your mobile phone or DMB receiver? And what do you watch?

(omission)


My deadline is tomorrow, so I hope you can mail me back as soon as possible. Then I can call you (or your friend) for the interview. It will take maybe ten minutes. I'll include some information on my newspaper at the end of this mail, so that you can see for what kind of newspaper it is. And if you have more questions, please let me know!

--------------------------------------------------------


I sent a reply as I saw the message. "I am very glad to be offered an interesting chance but I am sorry that I have no DMB phone and my friend don't enjoy using it though they have DMB phones." I was really sorry that I could not help him because it is an interest topic.

I know many Korean young people enjoy wireless internet, watching programs on the bus, and sending image based message with cell phones. Many manufacturers allot thier budget to advertise their products or services such as DMB phones, wireless internet service, PDAs and they are acturally popular in Korea.

I am enjoying web browsing and online communication but I don't feel like reading or watching something through a small screen like a computer monitor and a cell phone screen. I even hate listening to music with a MP3 player when I am moving. Many people are ignorant with licking sound through their ear phones. I cannot stand the sound.

And I spend many hours in front of computers. I want to rest my eyes when I am moving by just enjoying walking or looking around. I don't want to make my eyes overworking. So I rather decide to take a nap or just think about lousy things when I am on the bus or subway.

It is the time for Ubiquitous? Not for me. So far, I prefer paper books, watching TV in the livingroom with my family, and surfing the net in my cozy room.

4 Comments:

Blogger Zed said...

That kind of sounded like a scam to get your mobile phone number...

11:15 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a coincidence!! I am from the Netherlands too and I found your blog a few days ago. ^^

It seems you attract an international audience with your blog writing, Won Hee.

Really great job!

11:40 p.m.  
Blogger Zed said...

Probably because when you do a google search for korean blogs it comes up around the top, and shes one of the few Koreans that have an English blog.

10:49 p.m.  
Blogger flowerful said...

ahha!

10:11 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home