Far Far Away

life is cool?

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Korea

I don't have any idea about who I am. :)

2006-07-03

Why marriage?

I am not sure whether I will be able to marry or not.
Vaguely I decided to marry someone someday.

1) Most of all, the reason why I made my decision is to try not to be lonely.
Well...now... I am a beloved daughter of my parents.
I am an employee of a company.
I am a friend of my friends.
..... like these I play several roles in the society around me.

But what if I get older?

My parents will pass away. (It is very heart breaking only if I imagine it.) The family that my parents made is my family. I am secured in the family now but if the family is broken naturally, I am sure I will be in panic and I must feel very hard.

My parents have not drove my to marry. As they get older, I can feel they tend to depend on me. Frankly speaking, it is a burden. I sometimes want to run away from it. This is a very selfish idea....Argh...but it's true for me.

I could be fired or could resign my job. If I lose my job and there's no one around me, it would be very hard to identify myself.

My friends will be engaged in their new society that I cannot belong to. This problem even happens now, in my 20s. You can agree with it easily.

Then...where do I have to go into?

It is very selfish of myself to consider marriage for only these reasons. But these really count! And there is another reason.

2) I think I have to develop myself through marriage. I should encounter many challenges that I can do meet up in my life. The relationship created by marriage is the very thing that would constitute other perspective of myself. I want to take the challenge to develop my self.

Third reason is the simplest one.

3) I want to be loved by one person and to love someone. I want to make a new life with the person I want.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agreed with your entry. Recently, I had been attending weddings and it sort of presses the panic button in me. Still I cannot foresee when I will get married but I do wish to get marry.
-LC

10:19 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"사람들이 결혼을 하는 것은... 괴물이 되지 않기 위해서다"
("The reason why people marry is, that they don't want to become a monster")
I'd add one more reason why most people get maried or at least want to get married: they know very well how terrible it is to be considered as 'abnormal' by the others. (Especially single womens...)

12:00 a.m.  
Blogger Sama Oman said...

Oh dear….
you have very good points here. But sure you will meet one day your special man and you will marry him.
It's the circle of life.
Have A Nice Day ;)

5:29 a.m.  
Blogger San Nakji said...

Marriage will happen when it happens. You shouldn't be pressured by society to do it. Although.... I enjoy having my own family. Marriage is something I love being a part of.

7:38 a.m.  
Blogger Zed said...

I always find it interesting to hear asian womens perspective on marriage. They always appear to me reassuring them self that its “not to late” etc etc. Most white girls and guys aren't getting married until around 30 or so here in Australia, and some times much much later.

3:15 p.m.  
Blogger patochi17 said...

your thoughts about marriage is somehow same with mine, it's really difficult to live alone, i know it because my grandma(aunt of my mom) is an old maid and she lives with us, she's old and have no one but us, but of course we love her. but here's the problem it's very difficult for us to leave her alone in the house bec. she couldn't walk alone anymone... what i mean here is, what if there's no one to take good care of her, what will happen to her...
that's an example of being alone in life. but of course there's alot of reason to consider before indulging ourselves in that everlasting situation.

8:32 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don"t get hung up on marrage.
50 percent of the time you will
find yourself alone again.
Or at least filling alone.
Savor the tastes and smells of life
If and when the time comes to be married, you won't fill like you are giving up living just to be married.

2:11 a.m.  
Blogger Sama Oman said...

Hey…Dear.
How are you?
It has been a while not hearing from you.
Hope you are okay as I knew a floods hit beautiful Korea.
If you are still a round…write a comment ;)

9:12 p.m.  
Blogger flowerful said...

I am okay. I was just wandering as if I am a teenager.

9:04 p.m.  
Blogger Zed said...

It sounds like you need that holiday to Japan ....

10:43 p.m.  
Blogger D'Jaym said...

Think it simple. There are many reasons, however, at last it goes to someone's happiness.

12:34 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home