Far Far Away

life is cool?

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Korea

I don't have any idea about who I am. :)

2006-06-18

Too cruel

I saw a movie, "The Cruel Street" (비정한 거리 in Korean).
As one of my friends works for a film company, sometimes I see movie for free! This time was the case.
Now Korea crowd is crazy about WORLD CUP. Korean movie professionals are very negative to release thier new ones in June.
In general, about 20 movies come out in a month, but in this June only 6 moives are going to meet thier viewers, which makes people have less choices to good movies. I don't like that. (Because I am not that into WORLD CUP. Korea press and commercials are too much about WORLD CUP. They make people dumb. Everybody should watch the games and the red waves though they don't want to.)

Anyway...I saw "The Cruel Street" that was a sort of ganster movies. Jo, In-sung was starred in it. He was too sweet and handsome to be a ganster. I liked the casting that break the streotype of Korean gangs.
As the title of the movie, some scenes were too cruel that I could not peek out the screen. I don't know why the movies were made so cruel though there is no art of the cruelty because it is too much!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is not mean to be represented as art but more to shock the audience to make an impression. This is the feeling I have for some of the movies.

LC

12:16 p.m.  
Blogger Song said...

I'm not a big fan of soccer and worldcup either, and thus the atmosphere thesedays irritates me a bit. I don't wanna be a party pooper but it has gone to far and too much commercial about worldcup...
A pity...

10:57 p.m.  
Blogger D'Jaym said...

I've never seen the movie, "비열한 거리" yet. But I knew that is about the gangsters who kills someone, and are killed by someone, there's not sympaty.
That are the thinkings of the common people. However, there, indeed, are a humanity, faith with fellows and love as well.
The brutality, my opinion, by describing such a scene, shows the other side of the gangster's world.

6:09 p.m.  
Blogger flowerful said...

It is not easy to decribe the art of cruelty. That's what I think.

10:24 p.m.  
Blogger perchorin said...

I agree with everything you say in this post!!!

11:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home