Far Far Away

life is cool?

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Korea

I don't have any idea about who I am. :)

2006-06-27

Cope with criticism

Before new books come out, I try to meet target readers/customers as many as I can.
It is exciting to show the new titles made by me to others. However at the same time, it is harsh to take criticism from them. Of course, many of them are satisfied with the titles. Aside by the commendation, a few criticisms bother me very much.
Someone says, "Wow, it is very good. You, publisher could be a millionaire."
But another says, "I can point out some problems even if I glance it for a minute."
I smile and say, "Thank you very much for giving us precious advice."

I can understand how an unknown artist might feel when he meet a big dealer. Even though he tries his best, the dealer can judge not knowing the artist's intention.

The reason I review the new books before releasing them is to accept the criticism and to make better books. At the free market, it is most important to meet customers' needs. I know it is MARKETING!

As time goes by, I am learning how to cope with the criticism. Sometimes it remains a scar inside me though.

5 Comments:

Blogger D'Jaym said...

After a storm comes a calm, you know.
Cheers!!

12:26 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Criticism can make or break a person. For you I think it is make ;)

10:10 a.m.  
Blogger San Nakji said...

Criticism sucks, but it is important to be able to take it

1:21 p.m.  
Blogger flowerful said...

Right! Criticusm sucks! hehe.. Thank you all.

1:56 p.m.  
Blogger patochi17 said...

It depends on the criticisms that you get whether it is constructive or destructive. You should accept them the way they are, they can help you... :)

7:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home