Far Far Away

life is cool?

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Korea

I don't have any idea about who I am. :)

2005-07-18

Marriage

Some of my friends start to marry!

- I think it is rather early to marry at my age but some people it is better to marry when a girl is young.

- I think marriage should be done when two partners are ready to marry. They should be stable for their social economic status or at least they should know where they are heading for their living. However many girls marry though they are jobless.

There are two cases of marriage around me.

case 1> J is my junior while university. She is one year younger than I am. She had left U.S to study English. While she stayed in states, she had dated three guys for 16 months. At last she decided to marry the third guy who is a dentist in states. He has Korean origin and he has denizenship coz he emigrated to states about 10 years ago.They met in January this year and they told they have fell in love since the first meeting. J accepted the dentist's propose As J had to graduate university, she came back to Korea accompanied by her bridegroom. He met J's parents and prepare the wedding in Koreafor a week and went to states again because he had to work. They finally have a wedding ceremony this month and J is going leave Korea forever. She cannot come to her graduation. She has to leave her family in Korea. She is going to change her major. She has to change most of hers.

case 2> E is my friend. She is hot and sexy so she is always famous among guys. Neverthless she had dated a man for 7 years. She wanted to marry him. However she found he was cheating and they are broken. The interesting thing is E had cheated several times but he did not notice it. haha Anyway...after a few month E comes to have a new boy friend. And... bomb!!! Suddenly she declared her marriage to her new boy friend though they have dated for short period. She did not graduate yet. She does not have her future plan. Now..only marriage is her plan.Why do girls devote theirselves to marriage? In case of marriage, is it okay to abandon most of hers? I know marriage is very important to one's life. Yeah...it's important!

5 Comments:

Blogger San Nakji said...

It seems that marriage is still very important in Korea. It will change though I am sure

1:45 p.m.  
Blogger flowerful said...

I think marriage itself is important. Howevery what I am considering is why girls abandon most of hers. I think girls should consider herself more when it comes to her marriage. Ah....how difficult!

3:55 p.m.  
Blogger LemonCloud said...

I think marriage is important for both genders, it is just that most people still expected the females to be the ones to give in to accommodate.
And most females also think it is ok for them to do that. At least this is what I think.

2:33 p.m.  
Blogger flowerful said...

Lemoncloud, I understand what you mean and many females don't deny the past and present situation that makes females give in to accomodate. However even though my thought sounds too ideal, I want to say 'no' if I am asked to do that.
I don't want not to marry. If I find a soul mate and I conclude there is no man better than him, I will happily marry. However I don't want to lost myself.

10:59 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am german. I have a korean girlfriend. If I would have talked to one of my previous (german) girlfriends about marriage after a short time (less than 3-5 years), they would probably call me crazy. But with this korean girl, it seems to be a constantly topic. although we dont want to marry during the next few years. but still it is a topic. here, in korea. but maybe also the nature of our relationship, as an international/intercultural, might be reason - marriage will be needed to be together in the long term...

12:16 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home